Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 23 - I've Got Time

Bridgette, Ethan & Liane left for Hanover after a morning swim and some fun with the underwater camera. Rita, Nana and I had a nice curry dinner and afterwards Rita and I went for a long walk down by the lake.


Lazy, wonderful summer days spent with my family make me think of folk festivals and great Canadian music. A group that comes to mind for this day in particular, is Po'Girl. I first saw this all-girl band at Guelph Lake's Hillside Festival in 2005. Since then, they have evolved into a co-ed ensemble of Canadian Urban Roots Music. With a collection of so many great songs, it is hard to choose favorites. You can listen to some here on the CBC3 webpage.  I've Got Time is a song that comes to my mind for wonderful summer holiday days like this one in Ontario. Unfortunately I can't find a link to play this song for you. If anyone else can find it online (linkable or embed-able) then please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment